AUMF 2001 (PL 107-40) did not target the “terrorists” behind the 9/11 attacks. Its target was and is the taxpaying American citizen. Here are the only two ways to take yourself out of the crosshairs.
If you ask most Americans how many World Trade Center towers were demolished on 9/11, they’ll say 2. The correct answer is 3. If you remind them that WTC-7 came down as well as WTC-1 and WTC-2, and then ask them how many World Trade Center towers were struck by airplanes or seriously damaged by debris, they’ll usually say 3. The correct answer is 2. Remind them of THAT, however, and you are immediately labelled a 9/11 truther or conspiracy nut.
The “truth” may well be, however, that most Americans simply don’t want to think about what really happened at World Trade Center 7 and elsewhere on 11 September 2001 because it forces them to question either (a) the laws of physics and logic or (b) what they were told happened by their government. The cognitive dissonance generated is too much for their media-brainwashed minds to handle, so they block it out and you along with it.
The “truth” is that many things happened before, on and after 9/11 that we have been encouraged – if not programmed – to forget. One is the “Authorization for Use of Military Force” signed into law by Dubya on 18 September 2001 as Public Law 107-40. Allegedly intended to authorize retaliation against the “9/11 terrorists” – and not unlike the 1933 Enabling Act that paved the way for Adolf Hitler to become dictator of Nazi Germany – this brief resolution gave our President carte blanche authority that has been used, abused and expanded over the past 11 years to the point where the “Imperial Presidency” of Barack Obama now claims the power to kill anyone anywhere – including American citizens on American soil – without the approval of Congress, and without due process of law.
That alone should be sufficient reason for We the People to rise up and demand repeal of the 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force (aka “AUMF 2001″, “AUMF”, or on Twitter “#AUMF”). But the evil of this unconstitutional foundation for a fascist police state doesn’t end there: AUMF 2001 is also the asserted legal basis for Section 1021 of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2012 signed into law by Odrona on 31 December 2011 as Public Law 112-81. This “Homeland Battlefield” provision gives the federal government authority to detain without charge and hold indefinitely without trial American citizens on American soil – the same “indefinite detention” applied to prisoners at Guantanamo – which nullifies habeas corpus and overrides the Bill of Rights.
IF WE REPEAL AUMF 2001 WE ALSO UNDO NDAA 2012. Passing and signing into law intact “H.R. 198: Repeal of the Authorization for Use of Military Force” – not to be confused with other H.R. 198’s from prior Congressional sessions – will do just that. And as a not-so-small added benefit, passing H.R. 198 will force the child-murdering Nobel Peace Prize pretender in the White House to bring down his drones and end the perpetual global “War on Terrorism” – which has never been anything more than an excuse for the Military Industrial Complex to deplete the U.S. Treasury, with the costs of war in Afghanistan and Iraq alone approaching $6 trillion, which accounts for over 35% of our national debt and amounts to over $19,000 for every man, woman and child in America.
In TwitterSpeak, all we have to do is pass #HR198 to #RepealAUMF and we reign in the unconstitutional #AUMF #ImperialPresidency, undo #NDAA #IndefiniteDetention, bring down the unacceptably inhumane #drones, end the unaffordably insane #GWOT and force the unimaginably greedy #MilitaryIndustrialComplex to stop depleting an already-drained #USTreasury and running up the #USDebt. Who wouldn’t want to do that?
Just about everybody on Wall Street (Greed Central), K Street (Lobbyist Lane), in Congress (Corporate Fascist Puppets Left and Right) and at the White House (Office of the Corporate Fascist Puppet-in-Chief). That’s who.
Sponsored by Congresswoman Barbara Lee (@RepBarbaraLee) – the only U.S. Representative to vote against AUMF in 2001 – H.R. 198 has only 8 co-sponsors at present and is currently stalled in the House Foreign Affairs Committee (@HFACrepublicans). Pundits give H.R. 198 a zero chance of passage and here is why:
- The Democratic Party doesn’t want to repeal AUMF 2001 because it will take away power that their figurehead leader Barack Obama is fighting Chris Hedges et al in federal court to keep.
- The Republican Party doesn’t want to repeal AUMF 2001 because they get to cash in on that power when they rotate back into the White House. And it truly is a staged rotation: of the last 14 U.S. Presidents 7 have been Democrats and 7 Republicans.
- Lockheed-Martin and the other corrupt fat cat defense contractors comprising the rotten core of the Military Industrial Complex don’t want to repeal AUMF 2001 because ending our endless wars will cost them trillions in future revenues. Their legions of lobbyists stand to lose big bucks as well.
- Bankers on Wall Street and worldwide thrive on interest. Interest is generated by debt. More debt means more interest. And as the tally about reflects, nothing creates more debt faster than war: debt to make the weapons, debt to buy the weapons, debt to wage the war, and debt to recover from war’s awful toll of death and destruction. Like all wars, the War on Terrorism is a bankers’ war. Obviously the banksters would not want to see it ended by the passage of H.R. 198 and repeal of AUMF 2001.
The “truth” is that the real target of the post 9/11 Authorization for Use of Military Force was not Osama Bin Laden, Al Qaeda or any other “terrorists” real or contrived. The real target of the post 9/11 Authorization for Use of Military Force was and is YOU, the American citizen and taxpayer. There are only two ways to take yourself out of the crosshairs:
- Join us in the AUMF Hunger Strike (#AumfHungerStrike) to (a) awaken 100 million Americans now living in poverty and as many of the self-absorbed and techno-stupefied Sheeple as we can, and (b) inspire them to take direct action to demand action by their Senators and Representives to pass H.R. 198 over the cries of the war profiteers and their lobbyists as well as an almost certain veto by Odrona; or
- Do what you know Thomas Jefferson would recommend we do…
Learn more here:
NOTE: This release contains links shortened by bit.ly. If you wish to preview their contents before clicking them simply add a + sign to the end. For example, for bit.ly/10yJ9TN enter bit.ly/10yJ9TN+ into your web browser address bar and you’ll be sent to a preview page for the link.
Keywords (short): military force law, aumf hunger strike, repeal aumf, aumf 2001, ndaa 2012, imperial presidency, indefinite detention
Keywords (long): military force law, aumf hunger strike, direct action, h.r. 198, repeal aumf, aumf, aumf 2001, ndaa, ndaa 2012, nullification, nullify, imperial presidency, indefinite detention, occupy movement, occupy wall street, anonymous, stand with rand, democrats, republicans, liberal, conservative, progressive, right wing, political left, political right, far left, far right, radicals, reactionaries, sheeple, revolutionaries, drones, domestic drone strikes, constitution, bill of rights, fascist, fascism, civil liberties, human rights, freedom, liberty, jeffersonian, banksters, defense contractors, military industrial complex, corporate greed, war profiteering, activism, protest, rebellion, revolution
Hashtags: #aumfhungerstrike #directaction #hr198 #repealaumf #aumf #aumf2001 #ndaa #ndaa2012 #nullification #nullify #imperialpresidency #indefinitedetention #occupy #ows #anonymous #standwithrand #democrats #republicans #liberal #conservative #progressive #rightwing #left #right #farleft #farright #radicals #reactionaries #sheeple #revolutionaries #drones #domesticdronestrikes #usconstitution #billofrights #fascist #fascism #civilliberties #humanrights #freedom #liberty #jeffersonian #banksters #defensecontractors #militaryindustrialcomplex #greed #warprofiteering #activism #protest #rebellion #revolution
Please repost and forward this release. Thanks!